To join our growing team and help bring our purchasing activities to the next level, BuzziSpace is currently looking for a Buyer.
Role and responsibilities
As Buyer, you are responsible for the sourcing of our products, tools, and components. You work closely with our Product Management and Product Development teams to help create our renowned Buzzi products. You will strive towards excellence in servicing the internal and external clients of BuzziSpace.
To do this in the most optimal way you
- will lead the New Product Introduction (NPI) sourcing
- identify cost (Opex/Capex) saving efforts (Reverse value-added engineering, negotiate payment terms, etc.)
- build relations with our existing and new vendors
- coordinate operational problem-solving and improvement teams in case of vendor-related problems
- manage the tender process from a to z (RFI/RFQ/negotiations with vendors)
- identify sourcing opportunities
- ensure quotations, technical requests and product lead time are followed by vendors properly (SLA’s)
- are responsible for Data Management in your area: identify products, vendors, adjustments, and prices, identify and implement opportunities to increase demand and margin
- assist in the daily front office operations and provide administrative support
- exceptionally lead Project Buying: implement purchasing procedures to ensure effective product cost control
- analyze and interpret numerical data and perform basic financial analysis (Data Analysis on Forecast/Pricing/Quantities)
As Buyer, you will report to the Purchase leader and will become a member of the Operations team within BuzziSpace.
Besides being a fun colleague to work with, we are looking for someone who
- has a natural urge to improve and is motivated by professional challenges (Continuous improvement)
- is very analytical and precise but is able to see the bigger picture at the same time (Helicopter view)
- is a positive team player (Collaboration)
- loves solving complex problems by thinking out of the box (Creativity/Cognitive flexibility)
- is a self-starter with a high energy level
- is hands-on
- 5-7 years of purchase experience in a manufacturing environment in an international context
- solid experience and knowledge with technical sourcing (wood, fabrics, metal, plastics)
- the ability to build partnerships and get the best out of vendors
- experience with an ERP system and analyzing data
- well-developed and effective communication and negotiation skills (English is a must)
- a good level of MS Office – Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
- speaking German on a professional level
- knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- a Bachelor or Master Degree in commerce or Purchase and contract management or an education equivalent to NEVI
Please send your CV, motivation letter, and any questions you might still have to firstname.lastname@example.org, for the attention of Anja Van den Bosch.